I was daydreaming about decorating my new space in Munich and a handmade quilt seemed like the perfect way of adding a me-made touch. Buuuut I didn’t remember what quilting involved: a big and thick sandwich of fabric and batting stucked in the sewing machine.
Anyway, I have already assembled the top layer and layered the quilt, so at this point only the hard part is left: machine quilting everything so I end up with a functional something.
I wanted a design with an aztec kind of pattern, but couldn’t find one so I made my own. Playing with triangles I ended up with the following:
I made some calculations for the fabric which resulted pretty accurate, except for the backing fabric, which was slightly smaller than the quilt top. Ouch! I had to buy a new backing and I opted for a simple white flower pattern with light brown background.
I hope to finish the quilt soon because next project is also a big one: a coat! I must be crazy or something.
Have a nice day!